In one recent survey on fears, the fear of public speaking was rated higher then being buried alive! So if you have any fears around this please rest assured you are not alone. With the right training this fear can be overcome. This course is not only designed to take some of this fear away, but also to build your confidence and skills whether speaking in a meeting, delivering a pitch or presentation or giving a speech. It will provide you with all the fundamental elements of becoming a great public speaker.
The benefits of attending this course include:
- Reducing anxiety when speaking in front of others.
- Building confidence.
- Increasing your impact, authority and gravitas.
- Learning to deliver with passion.
- Developing your own personal style of communicating using your strengths.
- A tool kit of techniques and strategies which you can take away to continue building on what you have already learnt.
The content of the course includes:
- Body work to relax and ground you
- Voice work to understand the power and variables of the voice exploring pitch, pace, projection, volume, emphasis, tone, resonance and the power of the pause.
- Mind work to ensure you are using your mind to help rather than hinder you.
- An understanding of the importance of non verbal communication.
- Opportunities for speaking practice with individual feedback on what went well and what could be done even better.
Gildas Jones, Director of Dial a Geek said of the last course
“I attended Julia’s Public Speaking – The Essentials Course in June 2016 and really enjoyed it, learnt some new skills with a really nice group of people. The skills are applicable to many areas not just public speaking. Julia ran the course very well and kept everyone on track, allowing them to face their fears and pre-conceptions of public speaking. Highly recommended to anyone in business”.
And Bryony Ball, Manager of See it from her said of the course
“It was very inspiring and fun! I learned so many new tools as well as ways of thinking. It wasn’t scary at all – I felt very comfortable throughout!”
The next Public Speaking – The Essentials Course is running on Thursday 27th June
It is also running on Tuesday 1st October 2019 and Wednesday 27th November. Please click on the Eventbrite buttons below to book your place.